Why You Need Tea Room Insurance

Why You Need Tea Room Insurance

If you are running a tea room then you should consider a specialist tea room insurance policy to ensure you have the appropriate cover in place. The Tourist Trail can help when it comes to getting the insurance right, leaving you to get on with running your tea room and serving your customers.

Owning and running a tea room brings some specific insurance risks including inviting customers on to your premises, the provision of food, maybe employing people and the potential loss of income in the event that you are not able to operate.

What to consider when insuring your Tea Room?

Your Buildings if you own the premises, and Contents are likely to represent a significant value and you may wish to protect them against damage or loss. It is worth considering how much it may cost to replace or repair them if you suffered loss or damage such as vandalism or a flood. Do you have a freezer with contents that could spoil in the event of a failure of the electricity supply.

Remember, you are responsible for the safety of your employees and customers visiting your tea room. Public Liability cover can help protect you in the event of an accident or injury happening to a customer. If you employ anyone including casual or temporary workers – maybe serving staff or kitchen staff then Employers Liability cover will be required by law.

As you are preparing food for customers then you may be exposed to claims such as food poisoning and Products Liability insurance can help protect your business.

If you have Business Equipment that you use in the running of your tea room – such as a coffee machine, cleaning equipment or a computer and printer, then you may wish to ensure it is adequately insured against things like fire or theft.

Business interruption insurance will help protect your income in the event that you have to close your business due to fire, flood or storm and if you have Business Stock on the premises then you should consider the replacement value as part of your insurances.

How much does it cost to insure your Tea Room?

The cost of your insurance will vary depending on a number of things – the values involved, previous claims experience, risk management measures and so on – and cover can be as low as £250 per annum.

Getting in touch

The best way to ensure you get the right cover is to talk to us about your tea room – as a professional insurance broker we will then be able to understand your business and find the appropriate cover – call us today on 0345 209 4462 or use the form below to send us an enquiry. 

Online Quote

Get insured from just £25 a month*

Then talk to us about a specialist insurance policy to suit your business.

Save 5% off your renewal offer!*

Looking for something else?